Mother’s Day is only a few days away, but it’s not too late to get the perfect gift for your mom, grandma, sister, or other mother in your life! Mother’s Day is kind of a bittersweet holiday for me these days, as my mom passed away when I was young. Now that I have my own child, the day brings joy back into my life. The hardest part about Mother’s Day though, is figuring out what to buy for my mother-in-law. She’s not really interested in extravagant things, and usually buys anything that she really wants. Because of this, I usually put of my shopping until the last minute. Yes, I am a procrastinator at heart. It’s just who I am, but I’m ok with that. Especially since we have Amazon Prime, so I don’t have to worry about how long shipping will take.
Free one- or two-day shipping (with no minimum purchase) is by far my favorite perk of having an Amazon Prime membership, but there are so many others! You also get access to thousands of movies and TV shows, as well as tons of ambient videos (see my favorite here) , for free. And let’s not forget that you can get ad-free access to millions of songs, access to a Kindle borrower library, and secure unlimited cloud photo storage! To see all the benefits, click here. If you don’t have Prime yet, you can get it here now. Or you could always give it as a gift if the below gift ideas don’t leave you inspired.
- Himalayan Salt Lamp – The thing about these lamps is that they are supposed to detoxify the air, help you sleep better, improve your mood, and a whole wealth of other benefits. If you want to read more, click here. Why not give mom the gift of health?
- Camera/Laptop Bag – How cute is this pretty blue camera and laptop bag?? Check out the versatility by clicking on the link. Mom could even use it as a regular purse, but it is also sturdy enough to tote around her precious tech gear and keep it safe!
- Bouquet of Orchids – I just love the bold colors of these blue and purple orchids. If your mom likes bright fun colors, you could get her these. The best part is that you don’t have to go through a florist and worry about delivery arrangements, etc. Everything is taken care of through Amazon Prime!
- Travel Journal – Is the mom in your life a traveler? Why not gift her with a way to record those beautiful travel memories? This one comes complete with writing prompts and inspirational quotes!
- Badger Balm Sampler Kit – I recently discovered Badger Balm, thanks to Crystal Paine at MoneySavingMom.com, and have fallen in love. We’ve only tried the Night Night Balm (made specially for kids), and the Sleep Balm (for adults), but it has become a crucial part of our nighttime routine. Not only does it help us fall asleep faster, but it also helps us stay asleep, and wake up feeling more refreshed.
- Pretty Purple Amethyst Earrings – Does your mom like pretty, feminine colors like purple? These amethyst earrings are just the thing!
- Infusion Pitcher – Is your mom trying to improve her health by drinking more water? Infusing water with fruits, veggies, and herbs is a fun way to keep it interesting, while saving all the calories and sugar that come with soda and juice.
- Camera Strap – Is the mom in your life a budding photographer, or even just the official family photographer? Why not help her dress up that camera with this pretty camera strap?
- French Press – Buying for a coffee- or tea-lover? This French Press would be a great gift!
- Hanging Terrarium – Nature-lover? Help her bring the outdoors inside with this hanging terrarium kit. It comes with everything needed, she will just need to put it together in a way that she finds beautiful.
- Dr. Teal’s Lavender Gift Set – I came across Dr. Teal’s when I was suffering from shin splints while training for my first (only) half marathon a couple of years ago. Soaking in the epsom salt relieved my sore muscles and helped to alleviate the shin splints. This set comes with lavender scented epsom salt, bath soap, an eye mask, and sponge. If spa treatments are out of your budget, this is a close second!
- Colorful Bouquet – I love how the different colors work together in this pretty bouquet. A word of warning though, the pollen from lilies can be deadly to cats, just from inhaling it.
- 100 Days of Real Food – Do you have a cook in your life who is trying to eat more real food and less processed food? This cookbook is awesome. I downloaded this on Kindle a few months ago, and was really impressed with how easy the recipes are, and everything I have tried has turned out so yummy!
- Kenneth Cole Necklace – Does your mom prefer simple jewelry to the extravagant blingy stuff? Check out this Kenneth Cole necklace, which is simple and classic.
- Vera Bradley Cross-Body Bag – Vera Bradley bags are so soft, and pretty, and durable, and I especially like the cross-body style as a mom, because it means I don’t have to worry about it falling off of my shoulder while I juggle a kid, water bottle, and groceries or a backpack.
What do you think about this list? What is at the top of your Mother’s Day list?